New Zealand Silver Fern Farms Top Grade Grass Fed Beef Rump Cap (Picanha)
We will get you a pack to the nearest weight.
Full-Flavoured, Fine Textured
The range of high-quality cuts delivers the flavour and texture of beef as it should be.
Grass-fed, pasture-raised. Naturally nutritious. Halal certified.
Silver Fern Farms grass-fed in New Zealand means better flavour, tenderness and quality
1 large rump cap with fat (about 1–1.5kg), at room temperature
Sea salt and black pepper
For the rub:
2 tbsp sea salt
1 tbsp black pepper
2 tbsp yellow mustard powder
1 tsp ground nutmeg
- Take out the beef from the fridge and let it relax and get to room temperature
- Make your rub by mixing the salt pepper, mustard powder and nutmeg in a small bowl
- Get your barbecue rocking a good medium bot heat
- Score the fat on your beef and dry it with kitchen towel
- Rub in the spice mix, and make sure to get into all the score lines, rub it all over gently and is evenly covered
- Give the rub 5-10 mins. to dry out the fat slightly
- First to cook the outside, place the joint fat side down over direct heat
- Cook for a golden crust all over the meat, and nicely rendered fat
- Then keep turning the beef to make sure it’s not burnt
- To cook a lovely crust, but the inside is still raw, take it off the heat and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Then, slice the joint into 2.5cm steaks along the grain.
- The colour is quite amazing – you’ve got the crimson claret of the meat matched with the rendered golden fat
- Sprinkle some salt on the steaks and off you go.
- Grill them like a normal steak over direct heat